Last Updated 7/27/21
Who we are
Worthwhile Pursuits, LLC®
141 Hines Ter.
Macon, Georgia 31204
Our website address is: https://worthwhilepursuits.com.
Updates to This Policy
Personal Information and Other Information We Collect and Why We Collect It
Overview of Personal Information and Other Information we and our third-party service providers may collect and store:
We collect two types of information: Personal Information and Other Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as a specific individual. “Other information” is any information that does not identify you as a specific individual. Personal Information and Other information are not just created by a user’s interactions with our site. Personal and other information is also generated from technical processes such as contact forms, comments, cookies, analytics, and third party embeds.
For example, we and our service providers may collect and store the following Personal Information or Other Information:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses);
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- Credit and debit card number;
- Personal account preferences;
- Transactional data, such as purchase information, tax information, and shipping matters; and
- Technical data, such as information about cookies.
Further information on what Personal Information or Other Information we and our third-party service providers may collect and store:
- Personal Information and Other Information about you during the checkout process on our store. This includes, but is not limited to information 1) For payments: purchase total(s), currency, billing information; 2) For taxes: the value of goods in the cart, value of shipping, destination address; 3) For checkout rates: destination address, purchased product(s) details, dimensions, weight, and quantities; 4) For shipping labels: customer’s name, address as well as the dimensions, weight, and quantities of purchased products;
- Products you’ve viewed (we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed);
- Location, IP address and browser type (we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping);
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order;
When you purchase from us or subscribe to us, we’ll collect or ask you to provide Personal Information and Other Information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints (but we hope you will not have any complaints!)
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, including serving you as a customer, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it (for example, we will always store order information as long as necessary for tax and accounting purposes). This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, team members can access order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information. Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
All materials or comments posted to any aspect of the Site are public.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. Visitor comments will be checked through an automated spam detection service. The following information is sent to the spam detection service for the sole purpose of spam checking: commenter’s name, email address, site URL, IP address, and user agent.
All data and metadata (see above) associated with comments is collected and stored. This includes the status of the comment and whether or not it was classified as spam.
If you upload images to the website, all uploaded files are usually publicly accessible. You should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Regarding Google Analytics: Please refer to the appropriate Google Analytics documentation and Google Data Privacy and Help for the specific type of data it collects. Not to limit the foregoing documentation, but by way of information, purchase events will send Google Analytics the following information: order number, product id and name, product category, total cost, and quantity of items purchased. Further, page view events (and potentially video play events) may be sent over to Google Analytics for consumption. Other additional events that may also be sent to Google Analytics: shopping cart additions and removals, product listing views and clicks, product detail views, and purchases. You can opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
California Do Not Track Disclosures
WORTHWHILE PURSUITS, LLC does not respond to your browser’s Do Not Track signal or similar mechanisms. Third-party service providers for our company/website are collecting Personal Information and Other Information, are conducting online tracking of you while you are on our Site, and are not responding to your browser’s Do Not Track signal or similar mechanisms.
Embedded content from other websites
Personal Information relating to someone other than yourself
Still further Information (in Addition to the Above) on How We Use Personal Information or Other Information
We and our service providers may use or share Personal Information or Other Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, including to contact you if necessary;
- To send you important information regarding the WORTHWHILE PURSUITS, LLC Online Property, changes to our terms, conditions and policies and other administrative information;
- To send you information by email, postal mail, telephone and other means about our products, services, company, communications, contests, sweepstakes, other promotions, etc.;
- To help us improve the customer experience, including by learning more about your preferences to help personalize your experience with us;
- To analyze trends and statistics in connection with our businesses and internet properties, including to measure the success of advertising and marketing campaigns and to compile statistics about usage and response rates;
- To protect the security or integrity of our businesses and Internet property; and
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you, our Affiliates or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or to limit the damages that we may sustain.
- To our third-party service providers, who provide services such as website hosting, data storage, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, IT services and infrastructure, customer service, email delivery and administration, credit card processing, tax calculations, auditing and other similar services, to enable them to provide services;
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the WORTHWHILE PURSUITS, LLC Online Property;
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding); and
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our Affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of you, our Affiliates or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
List of third-party service providers
- Google: Please refer to the appropriate Google Analytics documentation , Google Data Privacy and Help and Google’s Adwords Policy for the specific type of data it collects. Please also see the section above regarding Google Analytics for more information.
- Facebook: Please see Facebook’s Data Policy and Facebook’s Ads Policy for more details.
- Instagram: Please see Instagram’s Data Policy for more details.
Opt-Out Right. Except as necessary for WORTHWHILE PURSUITS, LLC to provide the services, information, or products requested by a registered user, by updating the profile preferences on the Site, a registered user may opt out of having his or her Personal Information, which has been voluntarily provided to WORTHWHILE PURSUITS, LLC through an account registration, or electronic news or information subscription, prospectively retained by WORTHWHILE PURSUITS, LLC, used by WORTHWHILE PURSUITS, LLC for secondary purposes, or disclosed by WORTHWHILE PURSUITS, LLC to third parties. (This does not apply to collection of the type of Web browser of the user to the Site, or to non-identifiable user information provided or collected, or to any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.). To opt out, please contact WORTHWHILE PURSUITS, LLC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments, Notices and User Content. All materials or comments posted to any aspect of the Site are public. As such, WORTHWHILE PURSUITS, LLC assumes no liability for the accuracy of such information, no duty to update or correct such information, and no liability for such communications arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. Any comment system on the Site may utilize an opt-in service in accordance with a prevailing community standard. Such opt-in ability is managed by the user’s browser settings. If a user chooses to opt-in to the service, the user’s comments may be associated with the user’s location, both internally within WORTHWHILE PURSUITS, LLC and publicly on the Site. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Upon your request via postal mail, email, or telephone, WORTHWHILE PURSUITS, LLC will provide you with a summary of any personal information retained by WORTHWHILE PURSUITS, LLC that has been voluntarily provided by you to WORTHWHILE PURSUITS, LLC through online forms, registration forms, surveys, emails, purchases, or another online avenue. You may modify, correct, change or update your personal information by contacting WORTHWHILE PURSUITS, LLC by email at email@example.com.